Tuesday 9 August 2011

Rain, Rain Go Away

I have been in Edinburgh for a 5 days now, and have had 2.5 days of beautiful sunshine and 2.5 days of some terrible rain. There are almost 1 million tourists in Edinburgh right now, and in addition to the 500,000 that live here, the city is PACKED! Add umbrellas to the mix and it can be really hard to get around when it is really busy.

Breanne came to visit me for 3 days as a side trip from London where she is visiting another friend of ours! We fit in a lot in that time- 2 comedy shows, plenty of shopping, exploring the city and visiting the castle here. It was so nice to see a friend again- I was lonely on my 1/2 day by myself :) We saw Tom Green and a set of local comics, which was great fun. The festival atmosphere makes the city come alive. There is a street performance on every block, and lots of people enjoying every minute. There is so much to do in this city, and I feel like you could spend a lifetime exploring the streets and alleyways!

Tomorrow I am off to explore the Highlands on a day trip, which I am really excited about!

Enjoy these pictures!!


Dinner at a French Bistro


Victoria Street




The Royal Mile



Breanne & I out for drinks!



View of the castle from my front steps



Edinburgh from the castle



Another view


No comments:

Post a Comment