Tuesday 23 August 2011

London, now this is my kind of place

For the first time on my trip I have found a place I could live in! I love it here! There is so much going on. It is also so easy to get around here- the underground can get you anywhere. I have been in London for 5 days now and it has been go go go. I have done so much every day. The first day I was here I went to the British Museum, and saw the Elgin Marbles and Rosetta Stone. I was particularly interested in the Elgin Marbles, since I have seen the Parthenon from which they were taken. So cool. I spent the majority of the day there, and then met up with Janet for the night. We talked and talked and talked. I don't think we stopped talking for 8 hours- such a good night, made better by the Canadian pub we had drinks in. The following day I went to the Tate Modern museum, which was full of amazing works by Van Gogh, Picasso and Ai Wei Wei! That night Janet and I went to see Harry Potter, and even though I had already seen it I enjoyed it just as much! The next day I went to Buckingham Palace and explored the shops and streets around it- so much to see!! Yesterday I went to the Tower of London, which was AWESOME- I have wanted to go there for so long, especially after reading a bunch of historical fiction novels my Phillipa Gregory over the years that deal with many of the people that lived and died in London. Cool!!

I will give a more in depth description of London later, but as the shop I am writing at closes soon I must go!



Rosetta Stone



With Janet at the Canadian Pub in Covent Garden


Ai Weiwei's Sunflower Seeds


Buckingham Palace



Tower of London

No comments:

Post a Comment